Another FO for you today. It hasn't been an easy ride but here is my lovely new silk Archer!
I haven't made a full blown shirt with collar and cuffs since college, far too long ago to mention and it really tested my skills, but I'm really pleased with the result! I used a silk cotton blend from the stash. Its a lovely sage colour. Not my usual kind of colour but it was a lovely light weight.
I went for the version with the back gather as I thought it more feminine. I hated it when I tried it on without the sleeves but I've totally changed my mind. I think if it was any higher it would sit on my high hip and look more like a bustle with a bum pad underneath.
I used my measurements to calculate the size I needed but I feel I could go a size down and it would fit me in way I would prefer. I know its meant to be a loose fitting shirt but it feels a bit too loose on me.
I didn't do my usual narrow shoulder adjustment but I will on the next one and shorten the sleeves!
The cuffs are almost past my knuckles!
I also chose to just put one pocket on. I felt like it drew too much attention to "the girls" with two big patch pockets.
This was always going to be a wearable muslin but I really didn't think it would be this wearable! Its perfect for taking on my holiday to Florence. I started this before the sewalong but I am going to make another one following and pick up some more construction tips.
So here are the stats
Fabric: Silk cotton mix from Ditto. In Stash £0.00
Notions: Thread from Stash £0.00
Pattern: PDF £8 approx
Wearability: The jury is out on this one, I'm going to give it a 6/10 I like it but the style is something I'm not used to and its also way to cold to wear it without a jumper in the UK.